Re: IPVS on FreeBSD6.0

Subject: Re: IPVS on FreeBSD6.0
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 04:19:57 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 jayson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Good day!
I am trying to configure ipvs-0.4.0(direct routing) on a machine running
FreeBSD6.0 to balance the load of our three proxy servers , however, after
creating virtual services that will accept connections on port 3128 and
forward it to either of the three proxy servers, the LVS machine doesn't seem
to accept any connection at all. Only the InActConn is incrementing. Running
sockstat doesn't seem to show any listening daemon on port 3128.

the director is a router. It forwards connections to the realserver - there is nothing listening on 3128 on the director.

InActConn incrementing means either

o the packets aren't getting back from the realserver to the client

o connections are terminated by the target host (the httpd), which happens routinely unless both ends allow http persistence.

Have you tested with a simple service first, like telnet?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!