Re: question on faq 4.18

Subject: Re: question on faq 4.18
From: Judd Bourgeois <simishag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:10:38 -0800
On 1/20/06, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> it's what happens when you do the documentation in your
> spare time for free I'm afraid. I used to have an
> enlightened employer that regarded my LVS work as beneficial
> to the world, and so I got to test everything before putting
> it in the HOWTO. My current employer only thinks about the
> hours that they can bill for my time, so now I just monitor
> the list and splice in posts that seem to be reasonable.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be too critical there. On balance, the HOWTO is
really an excellent and well-detailed document, probably one of the best
I've seen for Linux admins.

If I could offer some constructive criticism, it would be that the vast
amount of information makes it difficult to find what you need quickly.
Have you considered migrating this to a Wiki or similar setup where other
people can help edit?  I'd be willing to help out with this; it would keep
the document more current and relieve you of some of the load of
maintenance.

-J