Re: Keepalived Director failover, LVS-TUN

Subject: Re: Keepalived Director failover, LVS-TUN
From: Dominik Klein <dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:20:31 +0100
Hi Matt

Hi, I am having trouble getting director failover to work in keepalived.
Most of the configurations I have seen have been for NAT setups and others
are for multiple VIPs. I cant seem to put together a working config of my
own. Here's what I have attempted already:

Up to now, what you posted is totally independent of NAT and/or TUN.

added:
 vrrpd   112/raw   vrrpd
to /etc/services on both directors

matching keepalived.conf files (with MASTER states as BACKUP on the backup
and priorities 50 less on backup). The x.x.x208 is my VIP and x.x.x.217 is
my Director1 ip:
## VRRP Instances Definitions
vrrp_sync_group VG1{
  group{
    VI_1
    VI_2
  }
}
vrrp_instance VI_1{
  state MASTER
  interface eth0:208

eth0 should be sufficient here

  virtual_router_id 51
  priority 150
  smtp_alert
  advert_int 1
  virtual_ipaddress{
    x.x.x.208

this line is passed to "ip addr add|del"
so you may want to add the netmask "x.x.x.208/$$" and the device "dev eth0" so ip can set proper routes for this entry

  }
}
vrrp_instance VI_2{
  state MASTER
  interface eth0
  virtual_router_id 52
  priority 150
  smtp_alert
  advert_int 1
  virtual_ipaddress{
    x.x.x.217

see above

  }
}

I read that a netsat -a | grep vrrp should bring up some info, but I dont
get any results...Do I have to load vrrp myself? I thought keepalived was
supposed to do it.

Try to start keepalived with -d and -D to see if it gives any error-messages in /v/l/m

Do you see the new ips on the devices after keepalived has started?

Regards
Dominik