Re: Home-brewed scheduling algorithms

To: dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Home-brewed scheduling algorithms
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:50:33 +0100
Hello,

I'm still fairly new with LVS. I've been reading the docs, but cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. I'll apologize in advance if this is just a rediculously stupid question, but here's tryin'.

It's a perfectly valid question to ask here.

Is there any way to implement my own scheduling algorithm?

Yes.

I'd like to make something based on load averages and a few custom variables which would be gathered by querying our proprietary application.

You might want to check out feedbackd:

http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/feedbackd/

Or if you want to get your hands dirty doing some kernel hacking, you might read up on:

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.ipvsadm.html#writing_a_scheduler
http://www.drugphish.ch/~ratz/IPVS/index.html

HTH and best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc