RE: temporarily removing a server from rotation

Subject: RE: temporarily removing a server from rotation
From: "Mark" <msalists@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:19:10 -0800
I usually do one of the two:

You can use the commandline ipvsadm-command to get a list of all nodes and
manipulate (add/remove) nodes.
Use it to remove ad later add the node again. This will not influence any other
nodes of the configuration.
If you get totally lost, just restart ldirectord and it will come back up with
the regular configuration.

Or, as second option, use the http negotiation mechanism that uses a string
comparison of a certain URL against an expected string
pattern.
Have it check against a dummy html page and put a flag in there that ldirectord
checks against to determine if the host is supposed
to be in the pool or not. Modify the flag manually to take the node out.

MARK