Re: ldirectord problem

Subject: Re: ldirectord problem
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:52:48 +0000
Mark/Aniruddh

If quiscent=yes then ldirectord sets weight to 0
if quiscent=no then ldirectord deletes the real server from the table.

If you down your server and ldirectord doesn't detect it then either:
ldirectord is not running
or
ldirectord is not configured properly

Are you using checktype=connect ?
not checktype=on or something?

post your config to me off list if you want.

Mark wrote:

Independently of the weight, does it still try to direct traffic to the offline
node?
Not sure if ldirectord uses weight to control which node is used, or if it just
deactivates it some other way...

MARK