Re: Problems with LVS

Subject: Re: Problems with LVS
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:20:02 +0100
I installed ipvsadm on Linux Advanced server 3 (with kernel 2.4.21) that
contains ip_vs library under /usr/src/linux-2.4/net/ipv4/ipvs . So I downloaded
ipvsadm, compiled it and installed it. I configured everything necessery for
ipvsadm and I checked the from a http client; so it is ok for the first time,
but once I retry another time I'll have the director (where ipvsadm is
installed) blocked (even the mouse). I should reboot it to continue (and the
same problem at the same level)
Best regards

If you've legally purchased LHAS 3, you have a support contract which enables you to get professional help from Red Hat regarding this problem. Also note, that this warranty might be void once you compile your own kernel.

Another approach would be if you use the manual for your system:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/cluster-suite/pt-lvs.html

If you want support on this list, I'm afraid you first have to use a more recent _and_ unpatched 2.4 or 2.6 kernel.

HTH,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc