Re: Heartbeat automatic mail

Subject: Re: Heartbeat automatic mail
From: "Leon Keijser" <errtu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:59:43 +0100 (MET)
> Is possible to sent mail automaticaly when heartbeat down (or one
> server)

I've asked the same question and didn't get an answer iirc, so i've made a
tiny bash script that keeps checking if there are 4 heartbeat procs running.
Not a difficult thing to do i'd say.

But it would be nice if ldirectord for example supported this
out-of-the-box. Right now it periodically checks the realservers and
modifies the LVS table if the status of such a server would change. I don't
know perl, but it seems to me that such a feature (send email upon: failed
server/failover/failback/etc) wouldn't be a huge thing to code. But as i
said, i don't know perl, so things could be more difficult than i think.

Anywho, it would be up to the ldirectord maintainer(s) to implement this.

Léon