Re: Unable to forward packets

Subject: Re: Unable to forward packets
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 05:38:17 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Bill Omer wrote:

It may be working, but this isn't the way to setup LVS-DR

Is there a problem with this approach?

well I don't know how it's working, and it's not the normal way, so when you ask a question on the mailing list you're going to have to explain the whole thing each time. Since I don't understand how it's working, I won't be able to reply.

In general simple is better, and you normally don't need iptables rules to set up LVS-DR (Ockham said something like "plurality should not be posited in place of parsimony" - or he would have if he'd spoken modern English).

It's possible you've figured out something that people haven't realised and that is always good. You never know when someone could find something else useful to do with it. Can you draw/list the packet flow as they go from client back to client through the machines and your rules? If it's already known, then you can come up and say "I'm using the X setup". If it's not known, then I'll put it in the HOWTO and it will be known as the Omer setup.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!