LVS and RedHat Cluster Suite differences

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS and RedHat Cluster Suite differences
From: "Ben Hollingsworth" <ben.hollingsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:31:20 -0500
My company, whose Linux flavor of choice is RHEL, will be setting up a load balanced cluster soon. I've setup a couple HA servers using older versions of heartbeat, but I've never messed with LVS for an active/active cluster. What, if anything, is the difference between stock LVS and RedHat Cluster Suite? I'm assuming that RHCS is based on LVS. Have they added anything, or did they merely slap their own name on it and start charging extra for support? Anybody out there got any first-hand experience with both LVS & RHCS? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)