Re: LVS and RedHat Cluster Suite differences

Subject: Re: LVS and RedHat Cluster Suite differences
From: "Ben Hollingsworth" <ben.hollingsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:25:43 -0500
Subhankar Sengupta wrote:
Active/Active needs concurrent access to the storage device. Bottleneck of the extended file system is that it does not allow this type of concurrent access so global file system comes into picture.
  You have to configure the shared storage with global file system and then
  you should configure your heartbeat software.

The requirement for shared storage depends entirely on the application you're clustering. For example, the real servers in a web proxy cluster are completely autonomous, so no shared storage is necessary.

Red Hat replaced Piranha with Cluster Suite some time ago, as far as I can tell. I'm just wondering what the differences are between Cluster Suite and generic LVS so I can decide which route we want to take.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)