Re: ldirectord + LVS-DR + VIP bound services on realservers question

Subject: Re: ldirectord + LVS-DR + VIP bound services on realservers question
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:22:41 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 19 May 2006, Alastair McCormack wrote:

When I run ldirectord it attempts to connect to the RIP address rather
than VIP address. Ethereal confirms this as I see a whole load of RST,
ACKs for <RIP>:80

I don't know a whole lot about ldirectord, but if it's running on the director, which has the VIP, it can't send a packet to the VIP and expect it to go to the realserver. Thus you need a parallel service running on the RIP (or the service on the realserver bound to 0.0.0.0). You can get around this by doing an rsh/ssh request to the RIP and running a command to check the service running on the VIP.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!