Re: Director questions

Subject: Re: Director questions
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:57:12 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 26 May 2006, John Oliver wrote:

I'm using UltraMonkey for my directors.  heartbeatd is running between
them, so that if one fails, the other should take over.

1) The UltraMonkey page says IPv4 forwarding must be enabled, but the
LVS mini-HOWTO says it must be off for LVS-DR.

if you read around a bit (I hope) you'll find that it can be either. I just turn it off for security.

2) If the primary director fails and the secondary takes over, how is it
supposed to get the ipvsadm stuff to forward traffic properly?  I can't
run ipvsadm on the second director, since it doesn't have the
interface(s) up.  Is there a way to make the backup director run a
script if it goes live?

there is an up and an down script somewhere in any failover package. Not sure what it's called for heartbeat

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!