Level 7 load balancing?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Level 7 load balancing?
From: Oliver Hankeln <ohap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:23:22 +0200
Hi,

is it possible to do a content-based balancing with IPVS?
I want to replace old Intel 7180 devices, and they were able to
decide which server to use for a specific request.
You could have a dumb server for static files like images and
servers with more modules for you php scripts.

Is that possible with IPVS? I did not find any hints. Can you please give me some pointers about where to look to find out more about that?

Regards,
Oliver Hankeln

P.S. I am new to this topic - so if I asked some stupid question, don't bash me too much ;-)