Re: a question in ipvs sync persistent connection info

Subject: Re: a question in ipvs sync persistent connection info
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:15:30 +0900 (JST)
Kingston Wang wrote:
> Hi,
> There is a question in ipvs sync connection data from master ipvs to
> backup one. The sync thread is running, if you use watch -n1 "ipvsadm
> -lcn", you can know that the current persistent connection is synced to
> the peer. But if at that time, active ipvs is down, and a persistent
> request coming, the standby ipvs would take over and serves as a master
> one. But the synced persistent connection table is not enough for this
> http request, and this request is scheduled again. That's a big issue:
> if we use it to apache server which needs keep session key, it would not
> work.
>
> Can anybody know why ipvs does not sync the whole ip_vs_conn info to
> the peer? Can we change the codes to support it?

What information do you think needs to be syncronised that isn't?
I'm pretty sure that all the iformation that is needed is there.

Also what is a "session key", and what makes you think LVS knows
anything about them?

--
Horms
H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/          W: http://www.valinux.co.jp/en/