Re: connecting through the lvs twice - failover fails

Subject: Re: connecting through the lvs twice - failover fails
From: "Sebastian Vieira" <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:35:02 +0200
On 7/27/06, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know anything about rdp so can't say. Make sure you
understand the problems of realservers being clients in an
LVS.

Are they really clients? I don't think so (but i can be wrong). Maybe my
explanation for the drawing wasn't correct.  Here's the thing:  a client
uses rdp to make a connection to the lvs. The lvs sends the client to one of
the terminal servers. Once connected there, the user fires up a telnet
session. This telnet session connects to the lvs again (different vip/port),
which sends it to one of our telnet servers. Is the lvs a client then?

Sebastian