RE: ipvs with ipsec

Subject: RE: ipvs with ipsec
From: "Farid Sarwari" <fsarwari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:17:02 -0400
> so this is the Brownfield patch modified for 2.6.16?

If you look in the patch there is function called ip_vs_route_me_harder
with is an exact copy of ip_route_me_harder from netfilter.c.
I'm not sure what version of ipvs/kernel Brownfield's patch is for. I
couldn't get ipvs to compile with his patch, so I just used his idea and
copied the new code from the netfilter source code. I haven't done
extensive testing. I find any bugs I will post them.

> Can you do IPSec with LVS-DR? (the director would only
> decrypt and the realservers encrypt)

The only thing this patch does is fix the routing for the masq'd return
packets.