Testing via the loopback interface...

Subject: Testing via the loopback interface...
From: John Gray <gray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:43:23 -0400
I have two lvs boxes.  An active and a standby.

My real servers are separate boxes behind the lvs boxes and I run LVS-NAT.

The lvs boxes share a class-c.  all the addresses are bound to the loop
back interface and a service address is routed to the class c.
Heartbeat just moves the service address.  The class-c addresses are
bound to the loopback on both boxes all the time.

Here's my question:  Why can't I test services on the standby box by
telneting/sshing/etc.. to the service addressses from the standby box?
I would think this would work.  But I always get the local box  (trying
this on both the active and standby gets me the same results).  It
doesn't seem as though it ever hits the lvs rules.

Is there some way to run tests on the standby box?

John

--
John Gray                           gray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
AgoraNet, Inc.                      (302) 224-2475