Lost packets and dead/warntime

Subject: Lost packets and dead/warntime
From: "Sebastian Vieira" <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:11:17 +0200
Hi,

I'm moving 2 LVS's from VMWare to physical boxes, but strangely enough i get
better performance with failovers on vmware, than i get on the physical
machines. They are now setup with 3 nics; eth0 and eth1 are bonded (trés
cool) and are used for all the client/server connections, and eth2 is used
for the heartbeat and sync daemons. Kernel used is 2.6.16 (gentoo-r9).

On vmware i rarely had lost packets, but on the physical boxes i get about
3-5 lost packets each 24h. My settings from ha.cf:

keepalive 50ms
deadtime 3
warntime 1
initdead 120

That's one thing. The other is when i used to do a failover on vmware almost
all connections were transferred, and now less than 10%  :|

Anyone with a tip?

Sebastian