Sync Daemon not working?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Sync Daemon not working?
From: Dana Price <dcp33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:00:42 -0400 (EDT)
I've got an Ultramonkey3 setup, 2 directors and 3 realservers. My haresources file on both directors looks like this:
director1.myhost.com \
        ldirectord::ldirectord.cf \
        LVSSyncDaemonSwap::master \
        IPaddr2::128.6.xx.xx/26/eth0

When I start heartbeat, I see
kernel: IPVS: sync thread started: state = MASTER, mcast_ifn = eth0, syncid = 0
heartbeat: info: ipvs_syncmaster up
heartbeat: info: ipvs_syncmaster obtained

on the primary director, and LVSSyncDaemonSwap says
master running
(ipvs_syncmaster pid: 29169)

The backup director says
master stopped
(ipvs_syncbackup pid: 12892)

When I do a 'heartbeat stop' on the primary director, it does move the connection table over to the backup like it should.. the output of 'ipvsadm -lc' on the backup matches what it looked like on the master before ipvs was stopped. However, when I take my client that's got an active persistent session and start navigating through my app, I lose it. If I do another ipvsadm -lc, the table shows requests from my client going to a different frontend than before, i.e

Before failover, on master:
TCP 01:05  ESTABLISHED myhost:1147 virtualservice:https frontend1:https
TCP 00:01  NONE        myhost:0 virtualservice:https frontend1:https
TCP 01:05  ESTABLISHED myhost:1150 virtualservice:https frontend1:https

After failover, on backup:

TCP 01:05  ESTABLISHED myhost:1147 virtualservice:https frontend1:https
TCP 00:01  NONE        myhost:0 virtualservice:https frontend1:https
TCP 01:05  ESTABLISHED myhost:1150 virtualservice:https frontend1:https
TCP 01:05  ESTABLISHED myhost:1147 virtualservice:https frontend1:https
TCP 59:49 NONE myhost:0 virtualservice:https frontend2:https TCP 01:05 ESTABLISHED myhost:1152 virtualservice:https frontend2:https

For some reason, it sends new connections from myhost to frontend2 now instead of 1. Am I missing something??

Thanks!