Re: active/active question....

Subject: Re: active/active question....
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:57:35 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Kristoffer Egefelt wrote:

Active/active setup on lvs as I see it requires:

Support for shared mac address.
Support for fake outgoing mac address.
Logic that ensures equal amount of connections to each director.

I've forgotten how saru works, so I can't say yes or no here.

The above is only supported by saru, but saru is not "production-ready"

correct

Even in a active/standby setup in a switched environment, a shared mac address would be needed as routers and switches arp caches sometimes take serveral hours before refreshing.

don't know how saru handles it. I do remember a lot of fiddling with MAC addresses