Connection table clears and ipvsadm stops distributing the load

Subject: Connection table clears and ipvsadm stops distributing the load
From: "Hildebrand, Nils, 122" <Nils.Hildebrand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:43:10 +0200
Hi,

I am using ipvsadm 1.24 (compiled with getopt_long and IPVS 1.2.1) on a
2.6.11.4-21.11 Linux Kernel (SuSE pro 9.3 patch-update April 2006).

We are doing load-balancing for http with DR/WLC and had a persistency of
one hour. After we raised the persistency to 8 hours and later reduced it to
3 hours we ran into a strange problem:

After some time "ipvsadm -Lc" does not show any connections, while all
connections go to only one real server (the other real server is not
contacted any longer).

The weight of both real-servers is about 36690 mostly the same all the time.

We are using lvs-kiss to check the load and availability of the
real-servers, which in turn adjusts the weigth of the real servers or
disables them when down.

Is this behaviour known?

IMHO this smells like some table-overflow...

Kind regards, Nils