Re: Connection table clears and ipvsadm stops distributing the load

Subject: Re: Connection table clears and ipvsadm stops distributing the load
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:41:35 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Hildebrand, Nils, 122 wrote:

We are doing load-balancing for http with DR/WLC and had a persistency of
one hour. After we raised the persistency to 8 hours and later reduced it to
3 hours we ran into a strange problem:

After some time "ipvsadm -Lc" does not show any connections, while all
connections go to only one real server (the other real server is not
contacted any longer).

people running long persistence times report weird stuff like this. Since it's hard to do experiments with a setup that takes 8hrs (or whatever) to do a test, we've never found out whether the problems are unique to that user or a bug.

You don't tell us how many connections are involved (millions, half a dozen?). There are explanations for what you see. Your clients could be coming in from an AOL like proxy and all be directed to the same realserver. You'd need to connect from clients with different IPs to check this out.

Otherwise I have no idea what the problem is