Re: lvs + nat

Subject: Re: lvs + nat
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 07:49:23 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Viktors Rotanovs wrote:

Hi,

I'm using LVS-DR box to balance incoming traffic to several servers.
These servers redirect incoming connections from certain networks to
another port instead of default one using iptables (-t nat -A
PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -s 10.1.1.0/24 -d 10.0.1.10 --dport 1234 -j
REDIRECT --to-ports 2345).

incoming packets arriving at the director to VIP:1234 are redirected to VIP:2345

Here's the problem: if I try to move LVS to one of these servers,

I don't know what this means.

port redirection happens before LVS.

you've setup iptables to redirect the packets before they arrive at the director.

Is it possible to do LVS first and port redirection afterwards on kernel 2.6?

yes

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.rewrite.ports.html