RE: Servers appear to freeze once secondary servers come up...

Subject: RE: Servers appear to freeze once secondary servers come up...
From: "Dan Brown" <danb@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:41:39 -0600
Just an FYI on this, Todd, Joseph.  Joseph was partially right, but I wasn't
missing a gateway route definition, I had extra ones.  I have three
interfaces on each of my machines.  A public internet ethernet interface,
our intranet ethernet interface, and the ethernet interface I am running LVS
heartbeat and csync2 though.  The problem which was causing the ldirectord
daemons to freeze up so it appeared was that I had defined a default gateway
for each interface/network.  I'm not entirely sure of my reasoning behind
defining the internal network gateway, but I'm sure I'll eventually find
something broken or someone will complain to me about it if there's more to
it than this.

I had the following defined in my rc.local:
route add default gw 192.168.0.1 dev eth1
route add default gw 216.94.150.1 dev eth0

Seeing as I've defined each network to it's proper interface, it seemed to
me that it should be working correctly since IPs are defined in my
haresources to an interface.  I had the LVS setup internally with separate
definitions (hence the 192.168.0.3 line still quoted below).  Now I've
commented out the eth1 definition and it still seems to work internally as
well.

Dan Brown
zu.com communications inc.       http://www.zu.com

[big snip of other stuff]