LVS behaviour with no realservers available

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS behaviour with no realservers available
From: "Nicholas Newberry" <nnewberry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:48:16 -0400
Hello list,

If my preliminary testing is correct, when the LVS director has no
realservers in the table for a particular virtual service, requests for
that service produce an icmp port unreachable.

Is there any way of modifying this behaviour? I know it's possible to
modify the behaviour with clients re-connecting if persistence is
enabled, but what about new clients that have to persistence entry?

The point of all of this is that if the realservers aren't up, I want
client requests to time out (i.e. be silently dropped by the director)
rather than get "connection refused".

Thanks!