Re: active connections not correct

Subject: Re: active connections not correct
From: "Bill Omer" <bill.omer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:12:48 -0400
> Maybe my understanding of LVS-DR is incorrect.  I
> understand that return packets that are sent from the RS
> to the client are not sent through the director.
> However, would the reply packets from the client go
> through the director in order to get to the RS?

yes.

> That was my understanding of LVS-DR, so I thought that the
> ipvsadm table should continue to be updated.

no-one's thought it worth their time to have it working
perfectly.

Wow... how very openly honest  :)

So would all of the connections show up correctly if I were to switch
to LVS-NAT?  And have you heard of anyone else using LVS-NAT in a
sitution like mine?  I'm wondering how much it would tax the director.
If it will keep up with the connections in the table, it may be worth
my time to schedule an outtage and give it a try.

-Bill