Re: active connections not correct

Subject: Re: active connections not correct
From: "Bill Omer" <bill.omer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:11:06 -0400
> And have you heard of anyone else using LVS-NAT in a
> sitution like mine?

working at near wire speed?

Not so much working at wire speed, but using LVS to handle a very
large number of telnet and ssh sessions.

none of your ssh connections are terminating at the
director. The realservers are doing all the
encrypting/decrypting etc. The director is just a router
with funny rules. It's not working as hard as the
realservers.

Right, I understand that, but there will be an increased load on the
server if it's also going to be NAT'ing.  I would assume the load will
double.   Right now, I stay around 0.07, so it probably wouldn't be a
big deal.  However, the number of connections coming in will triple
(and then some).

> I'm wondering how much it would tax the director.

I think it's reasonable to give it a try (and let use know
how it goes).

See above.

I do think it might be worth a try though.

As far as specs go:
Quad Xeon 3.4Ghz
4GB Ram
10K SCSI drives, RAID5
Gig ethernet

Redundant with an identical system, using the ipvsadm --daemon options
to keep them syncd.

-Bill