Re: LVS-TUN setup - responses from realserver not being let through

Subject: Re: LVS-TUN setup - responses from realserver not being let through
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:08:53 +0200
Using tcpdump:

1. I see the request arriving on the real server over the tunnel link.
2. On the real server I see the response being sent.

Do you by any chance see the response passing by the director?

3. I see no responses back on my client.

I'm not sure exactly what this is indicative of, but:

On the real server -
"traceroute -S <VIP> <client>" - nothing comes through.  Does this mean
there's a router config problem, i.e. a router is not letting those
packets through due to the source address?

What's your routing entries? ip rule show, ip route show? What does an ip route get <client> from <VIP> show you?

Where about in Zürich are you?

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz (in Altstetten right now)
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc