Fatal Attraction: a lesson in arptables&In-Reply-To=

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fatal Attraction: a lesson in arptables&In-Reply-To=
From: "Timothy Bushart" <BusharT@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:58:26 -0400
Thanks!!!

this fixed our issue:

note:

per redhat knowledgebase
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_79_7222.shtm

arptables -A IN -d <virtual_ip> -j DROP
arptables -A OUT -d <virtual_ip> -j mangle --mangle-ip-s <real_ip>

They need to specify the specific ethernet card in this article, this
fixed our Issue after adding eth0!

 - we had the EXACT same problem previously described in the  "Fatal
Attraction" write up and have been going in circles for a month. We're
good now thanks to adding eth0 to the statement. We're using lvs as a
front end to squid, and after implementing this change performance seems
better also.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is protected by law and is for the
sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this email and destroying all copies of the
communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying,
distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and
attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical
Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on
the Internet at www.amc.edu.