Re: LVS-TUN setup - responses from realserver not being let through

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS-TUN setup - responses from realserver not being let through
From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:50:17 +0200
Roberto Nibali wrote:

> The IP Spoofing check most of the time is of course bogus ... and I
> just realised that you went for one of those German providers in
> Nürnberg who's still got a full B-class network at its hands.

Quite so - they've got by far the best offer in the leased server
market.  I've looked at the other German providers in this space, but
people like 1&1, Strato and server4you all require that you maintain a
German bank account, which we don't for the time being.

> Since your DGW is back through the E-BGP router of Hetzner in any case
> I suggest they should accept your VIP packets. OTOH, they are a rather
> large company, so individual requests for router changes might be
> amiss.

I can work with an LVS-NAT setup for now, but perhaps if we end up
renting more servers from Hetzner, we'll have some more leverage.

/Per Jessen, Zürich