Re: Manual individual control of VIPs

Subject: Re: Manual individual control of VIPs
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Keith Edmunds wrote:

In a two-node cluster offering multiple VIPs, the VIP allocation to a
given node is normally handled by Heartbeat. Is it possible, for testing
purposes, to manually control which VIP is held by which node? For
example, we may have VIP1 and VIP2 on node A, and VIP3 on node B. Can we
switch VIP2 from A to B without affecting the other VIPs?

I don't know how to do it with heartbeat, but manually you just run the ipvsadm commands for that VIP on the director
of interest. All VIPs act independantly.