Re: Problem with two boxes LVS

To: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problem with two boxes LVS
From: Dirk Umlauffd <Dirk.Umlauffd@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:41:49 +0200
Hello,

please excuse me for not having written that the director is also running on
the realservers.
The topology is like in the following link:
http://www.ultramonkey.org/2.0.1/topologies/sl-ha-lb-eg.html

On Monday 25 September 2006 14:17, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Dirk Umlauffd wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've set up an LVS for a redundant DNS service on two redhat boxes:
> > VIP: 10.0.0.20
> > RIP's: .21 and .22 on the same network as the VIP.
>
> you have one director and two realservers?
>
> it looks like you have one realserver with a weight of 1000
> and one with a weight of 1 (guessing what the conf file is
> doing). If so they should be the same.

The weight of the two servers is correct, I want one to respond all requests,
if it's alive, the other one shall only respond if the first is dead.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen, regards

Dirk