Re: Problem installing ipvs on slackware

Subject: Re: Problem installing ipvs on slackware
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:44:16 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, b.u.g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I am trying to install ipvs version ipvs-1.24 on slackware linux version

2.6.10 and I'm getting the following errors while running make.

root@unknown:/tmp/ipvsadm-1.24# make
make -C libipvs
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/ipvsadm-1.24/libipvs'
gcc -Wall -Wunused -Wstrict-prototypes -g -O2 -I/usr/src/linux/include
-DHAVE_NET_IP_VS_H -c -o libipvs.o libipvs.c
libipvs.c: In function `ipvs_get_services':
libipvs.c:167: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an incomplete type

I haven't a clue. Usually I see such messages when there is a horrible mismatch (age, version numbers) in the compiler, glibc, headers, application that you're trying to build. I assume you have a consistent set of these utilities having a distro setup your machine for you, so I really don't know.

Does /usr/include/linux/include/ point to anywhere sensible?
Can you build gcc, glibc, from scratch?