Re: traffic between LVS clusters

Subject: Re: traffic between LVS clusters
From: Rodney McKee <rodney.mckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:48:16 +1000
Turned out to be easier than first thought. Used Julian's solution.

Have simply added static routes on each web server in the first cluster
for each node in the second cluster to use the directors default gateway
and visa-versa. Traffic flow looks ok and ipvsadm shows the load being
balanced across the two nodes.

eack webserver config
-----------------------------
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-bond0

GATEWAY0=10.11.0.3
NETMASK0=255.255.255.0
ADDRESS0=10.11.0.30

GATEWAY1=10.11.0.3
NETMASK1=255.255.255.0
ADDRESS1=10.11.0.31

each tomcat backend config
-------------------------------------
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-bond0

GATEWAY0=10.11.0.3
NETMASK0=255.255.255.0
ADDRESS0=10.11.0.40

GATEWAY1=10.11.0.3