Re: New system, higher active connections?

Subject: Re: New system, higher active connections?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:49:53 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, H. Wade Minter wrote:

someone else reported the same problem a little while ago. The only thing I can think is that RH has done something with the code that we don't know about. If your system is otherwise behaving OK, you could ignore it/recalibrate your ideas of what it does.

do the numbers differ from the expected numbers by about 2^32? (in which case the code was compiled against some weird header).

Would the code changes (if they're there) be in the kernel/networking level, or the packaged LVS?

there's the kernel code and then there's the userspace code (ipvsadm) which flips bits in the kernel code.

To put it another way, would it gain us anything to build ipvsadm-1.24-6.src.rpm from linuxvirtualserver.org and use that instead of the ipvsadm-1.24-7.2.1 package from Fedora?

who knows. worth a try.