Re: ldirectord appears to cause iptable traversal issue

Subject: Re: ldirectord appears to cause iptable traversal issue
From: Brian Jenkins <bjenkins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:18:44 -0700
Joe:

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll wait for Horms to check in.

Brian
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Brian Jenkins wrote:

Yes I have.

just checking.

It's the strangest thing.

computing is like that.

Ldirectord is a set of scripts to handle failover. AFAIK, it shouldn't be interfering with iptables.

One thing I didn't mention in my earlier email is that I have not patched the kernel to take advantage of state matching in my firewall script. But, the articles you mention don't seem to indicate that it's a requirement for doing firewalling/load balancing/monitoring.

sounds OK to me.

I really appreciate your feedback as I've been working on this night and day for over a week,

no fun.

and I really want to use these technologies.

Horms is the expert on ldirectord. He's a little busy, but he reads the mailing list as often as he can. I'm afraid you'll have to wait till he pops up.