Re: LVS-Tun director not sending ipip packets

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS-Tun director not sending ipip packets
From: Simon Detheridge <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:04:20 +0000
Quoting Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>:

do you have any different sysctl entries? There's no easy way to grep
for them all in /proc (that I know). Do you have different
kernel/installations on the two directors (which might have them set
differently). I guess you could start by grepping ldirectord.

Yeah. I did a "cp -r /proc/sys ~/" on each machine, then a recursive diff on the results. Looks like somehow during the upgrading and ensuing tinkering, rp_filter got set to "1" on the backup director. Setting it to "0" seems to have made the bad behaviour go away. I thought I'd checked this, but must have only done it on the realservers.

So, it's fixed. Thanks.

Simon

--
Simon Detheridge