Re: ldirectord not correctly starting after heartbeat upgrade

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ldirectord not correctly starting after heartbeat upgrade
From: Simon Detheridge <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:31:47 +0000
Quoting Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>:

You upgraded a working machine! (slaps forehead) :-)

Alas, this version of heartbeat had a security alert posted. (Potential denial of service)

Quoting malcolm <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

If you've used a package to upgrade heartbeat it will also update
ldirectord, the quickest way to resolve your issue may be to go back to
the old version of ldirectord (just replace the file).
Assuming that this works then maybe try the latest ldirectord from
WebCVS on the ultramonkey site

Hum. Actually, I upgraded to heartbeat2, which built a bunch of dependencies (but didn't work, presumably it needs configuring differently or somesuch?) and then downgraded back to 1.2.5 and it magically started working again.

Looks like a package/deps issue then, so I'll take this to the Gentoo bugtracker. Anyway, it's all working again now.

Simon

--
Simon Detheridge
SEN Developer, Widgit Software