Re: active-active only works with kernel 2.4.26?

Subject: Re: active-active only works with kernel 2.4.26?
From: Francisco Gimeno <kikov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:24:53 +0100
hi

you're thinking that just a computer can handle near 1Gbit...
If not, then you will win if the process on dropping with ipt_saru is lighter
than balancing that excedent with IPVS. I'm not using it, as saru was an
highly experimental code, and I was serving around 150000 people. And I
didn't like to be kicked ;). I played with that 2 years ago (indeed, it was
installed by a mate at job).

As DR is optimized enough (and the weight of a request is lighter than the
response), for HTTP, the numbers are like this (at least in my environment)
30 MB incoming traffic (HTTP Requests), generates aproximatelly 250MB of HTTP
Traffic.
so, balancing 1Gbits would generate around ~8GBit. I don't have yet the chance
to put that anywhere ;).

What's exactly what you need?

BR,
Francisco Gimeno