Re: new question - iptables on LB and connection limit?

Subject: Re: new question - iptables on LB and connection limit?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:58:55 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Larry Ludwig wrote:

New questions

1. We are using LVS-DR and want to have iptables enabled on the LB. When we did this our apachebench tests eventually failed to connect to the load balancer. Once we disabled the firewall or wait a few min to test again everything worked. I can say for sure it's 100% related to the firewall being enabled and nothing else.

I guess you have to fix the firewall. Does your firewall expect reply packets (they go through the router, not the director).

My question, what's the best setup of an iptables firewall to use with with
LVS-DR?

Nothing special. Allow only required packets, deny everthing else. Add rules one at a time till the firewall breaks.

2.  Also we seem to max out at 30k connections on our testing, and appears to
be some hard limit withing ipvsadm?

how many connections do you get without the firewall?