Re: MTU problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MTU problem
From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:03:32 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

>> After many attempts, lots of research, wielding a magic wand and
>> uttering the odd curse, I ended up with the following iptables setup
>> on each of my real servers:
>>
>> iptables -I OUTPUT -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST,ACK SYN,ACK  -j TCPMSS
>> --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

All,

is there any possibility, even the slightest, that the change above
could cause corruption in emails (with e.g. Word or PDF attachments) ?

After introducing the above on our mail-servers last night, I got a call
from a customer saying that several end-users had complained about
corrupted documents etc.  I know it seems unlikely, but just in
case ...

/Per Jessen, Zürich