Re: DNS Server Cluster

Subject: Re: DNS Server Cluster
Cc: Keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Mark de Vries <markdv.lvsuser@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:49:37 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Simon Pearce wrote:

Hi,

I am running a dns cluster with 6 Servers running Gentoo Linux two load
balancers with an active active setup and 4 real servers running
powerdns.
Each server has a 3Ghz Pentium 4 and 1 Gig of Ram. At the moment i am
migrating our windows bind9 cluster to the new linux cluster. I have a
total of about 250 IP addresses to migrate and here's where the problems
start. Everytime time the dns cluster exceedes a certain limit some of
the ip addresses stop working properly. It effects the system in a way
that for certain domains you get a timeout when querying the cluster.

What have you done to confirm the source of the problem is the LVS cluster and not in the the realservers?

Some of the transfered IP's seem to stop working or slow down to an

When this 'seems' to happen, can you reproduce it yourself? e.g. You query the VIPS and get timeouts? And what if you query the realservers from the directors?

Regards,
Mark.