Re: Limit

Subject: Re: Limit
From: Gustavo Mateus <gustavo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:39:51 -0200
Hi Horms,

How can I implement in user-space? Do you know which tool is best for my problem?

thanks

Gustavo

Horms wrote:
On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 04:21:17PM +0100, Roberto Nibali wrote:
I personally believe that the sorry-server feature is a big missing
piece of framework in IPVS, one that is implemented in all commercial
HW load balancers.

That is true, but its also a piece that is trivially inplemented in
user-space, where higher-level monitoring is usually taking place anyway.
Is there a strong argument for having it in the kernel?