Re: firewall marks + tunneling + persistence = ERR! state

Subject: Re: firewall marks + tunneling + persistence = ERR! state
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:14:33 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Jaroslav Libák wrote:

Hello

When i run that I get some connections with ERR! state.

I'll let Horms handle that.

When I click refresh in firefox several times while viewing load balanced page, I get a FIN_WAIT connection for every refresh. So I set tcpfin parameter using ipvsadm to 15 seconds to get rid of them fast (is this ok btw?, it was like 2 minutes before which I think is way too long).

tcp timeouts have the values they do for a good reason. If you understand your system and are prepared to deal with the consequences of changing the timeouts, then this being a GPL project you can go ahead and change anything you like.

What is worse, I get "established" connection on the slave for every refresh. I have read this is due to a simplification in the synchronization code.

the simplification being that the backup only has to track connections that it will take over if it becomes the master.

I'm using hash table size 2^20 (which doesn't limit the maximum number of values in it, it just sets the number of rows, then each row has a linked list). Doesn't it cause some slowdown in the LVS?

have you found a slowdown?