Re: Multiple websites with multiple ip addresses

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Multiple websites with multiple ip addresses
From: Doug Curtis <doug.curtis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:13:46 -0500
Quoting Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>:

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Doug Curtis wrote:

One way of handling it would be to schedule all connections under one fwmark, then you only have one service.

Hmmm. I will have to look into that further. After some initial reading, that is probably what I need to do.

well, unless it's causing problems, can you just leave it the way it is? Not everything has to be perfect, it just has to work. Over a sufficient time period does the load shift around amongst the realservers or is one machine always with the high load (give it a lower weight, or try lc/wlc)?

Joe

I've been switching back and forth from wrr and wlc to try and get a feel for which would balance out better in our situation. wrr does seem to provide more consistency over time. With wlc, one particular real server was seeing most of the load all of the time. I figured that since 3 out of the 4 real servers are identical (hardware and software) that they would all have fairly close loads but given that the web content is dynamic and it's serving 110 different sites with different size images, gzip compression, etc; it's expected that there will some difference in load averages.

I'm just trying to make sure that I'm running it in the most optimized way possible.

Thanks,

Doug