Re: LVS-NAT with multiple RIP to VIP associations

Subject: Re: LVS-NAT with multiple RIP to VIP associations
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:55:10 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, David M wrote:

Our requirement is that we have to route certain RIP traffic out the same
VIP--we have to have multiple VIPs.  This is especially necessary when using
sendmail as an MTA.  Certain Sendmail RIPs must send out packets on a
specific VIP.  LVS-NAT does not seem to control RIP to VIP packets.

Why do you say that?

The director doesn't control anything that the realservers do with their packets for any of the forwarding methods, including where the RIP sends its packets. You have to handle that. For LVS NAT you route the packets from the RIP:service to the LVS-NAT director.

So, we are using IPTABLES to associate a certain RIP with a certain VIP.

I don't know what this means. Are multiple directors each with different VIPs feeding the one set of realservers?

What's your setup, on which machines are these rules being run?

If one director has multiple VIPs, then each VIP is independant of the other and you shouldn't need any iptables rules.