Re: How to NAT The FTP-DATA Connection?

Subject: Re: How to NAT The FTP-DATA Connection?
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:09:58 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 27 Dec 2006, Horms wrote:

I just skimmed through the code, and it seems to listen for both the
PASV and PORT command. My FTP knowledge is a bit rusty, but I think the
latter is for non-passive ftp, so yes it seems to be needed for both.

In LVS-DR (and LVS-Tun) when persistence is used (rather than the LVS-NAT ftp helper) to link the ftp and ftp-data ports, I would now assume that the ftp-data packets are RIP->CIP. Presumably the return packets from the client are CIP->VIP. Only ever having done this with a bench setup all on private IPs, it now occurs to me that LVS-DR in a production ftp server setup, is sending all its ftp-data packets from the RIP.

Got any idea if this is right?