Re: Deleted real server string patch

Subject: Re: Deleted real server string patch
From: "jarol1@xxxxxxxxx" <J.Libak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:43:17 +0100
Dung Nguyen wrote:
Per request, I've made the following modification to the patch.

On configuration file reload event:
 delete :  "Purged real server: ..."
 restore:  "Re-added real server: ..."

On status check:
 delete :  "Deleted real server: ..."
 restore:  "Added real server: ..."

So for monitoring service, one would want to monitor these strings:
"Deleted real server" and "Added real server".

I think Re-added would make more sense for status check and Added for reload.

Or another way of dealing with this problem would be mentioning "status check" and "reload" in the log. Then we could have only "added" and "deleted". The same fix should be made for the email subject that is sent to the admin by ldirectord.
It could look like this:

On status check:
delete :  "Deleted real server due to status check failure"
restore:  "Added real server due to status check success"

On configuration file reload event:
delete :  "Deleted real server due to reload event"
restore:  "Added real server due to reload event"

Either way, Horms is the maintainer of ldirectord so we have to find a solution that he will accept. In my opinion the 2nd solution is better as it clearly states why a server was added or deleted.

Jaro