Re: Using LVS to replace Netscaler Load Balancer

Subject: Re: Using LVS to replace Netscaler Load Balancer
From: "Philip M" <disordr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:56:56 -0800
Bill,

If the VIP's and RIP's are on the same subnet, you shouldn't need any fancy
iptables rules, just do the normal ip aliasing technique that is also
described in the Mini Howto.
Rob described it as I understand LVS-DR works.

Regardless, my problem is a bit different.
In my network setup where the netscalers live, the VIP's and RIP's are on
different subnets, and the RIP's default gateways are not the netscalers but
other routers. LVS-DR won't work since they are not on the same subnet
(broadcast domain), and LVS-NAT won't work since the RIP's don't use the
Director as the gateway. I'm going to talk with some colleagues to see if I
can conceptualize at the IP layer what needs to happen for all parties
involved to be happy (Client, Director, realserver, router/gateway; and all
the sessions within). Perhaps LVS-TUN might solve my problems; I'll test
this out.

Philip